Last Updated: August 1, 2013
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, and through third parties, such as when you login using your Facebook account. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services to send or receive a message, post public content, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, password, email address, phone number, avatar, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage Information:When you send or receive messages, we collect information about these messages, including the time, date, sender and recipient of the message. We also collect information about the number of messages sent and received between you and your friends, which friends you exchange messages with most frequently. We also use standard services to aggregate information about which screens are most viewed and buttons are most pressed, so that, for example, we are able to improve the user experience.
Contact Information:When you send or receive messages, we may automatically detect and collect the phone number and/or email address of the recipient, so that we may deliver your message. When required for certain functionality, such as building the Kindr points leaderboard, we may send your full contact list information to our database. However, that information is not stored.
Log Information:We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
Device Information:We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below .
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Kindr and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Kindr is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With other users when you send them messages, including your name and the contents of the message you send them. We may also share your name with other users if they use our "Find Friends" feature to add you to their friend lists;
- With other users when you post content to a public area of the Services, including your name and the contents of your content.
- With users and others who view our the Kindr leaderboard, which includes your name, weekly and all-time score (based on the number of messages you have sent, and other factors).
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Kindr, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We work with Google Analytics to provide analytics in connection with the Kindr mobile application. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To opt-out of Google Analytics’ tracking used with the Kindr website visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google Analytics is a separate company and cannot assist with Kindr-specific issues. To contact Kindr, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of thirteen.
You may update or correct information about yourself by launching the Kindr mobile application and editing your account settings. If you wish to delete your account, please email email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes, or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Certain features of the Services require access to your device's native phonebook and image storage applications (e.g., to find friends or to enable message sending). If you choose to find friends or view the leaderboard, the phone numbers and email addresses in your device's native phonebook will be transmitted to Kindr. You may decide whether or not to use these features. If you later decide to revoke this permission, on iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your phonebook and image storage applications by changing the settings on your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Kindr may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device (iOS) or by changing your settings within the Kindr mobile application.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
4600 Kietzke Ln N254
Reno, NV 89502